We assist clients to develop world-class risk management capabilities by providing expert advice, guidance and implementation support across the full spectrum of financial and non-financial risk domains.
Our teams of industry practitioners, ex-regulators and expert consultants work with clients to develop risk strategy, risk frameworks and policies, risk models and organisational capabilities in response to market pressures and regulatory initiated change across the financial services sector.
This role is to join the Quantitative Advisory team within the Advisory Service Line.
At Analyst, Consultant and Manager grade, the role consists of supporting/leading quantitative projects for the client as part of a team of highly skilled consultants. We work across the model lifecycle and across the Financial Services sector.
Examples of projects which you may be involved in include:
- Development or validation of retail credit scorecards
- Optimisation of credit decisioning strategies
- Development or validation of IFRS9 impairment models, for either retail or corporate exposures
- Development or validation of regulatory capital models for credit, market or operational risk
- Validation of front-office pricing models
- Quantification of non-financial risk (e.g. Cyber risk)
- Balance sheet or capital optimisation
- Development or validation of forecasting or stress testing models for any risk type or portfolio
- Use machine learning, robotics or artificial intelligence techniques to improve the efficiency and performance of our client’s models
Candidates will be expected to develop expertise across a range of portfolios and modelling techniques to address our clients’ priorities.
The role requires the ability to:
- Apply advanced knowledge of statistical techniques to real-world client problems
- Work across the model lifecycle from development and validation through to review and governance
- Manage your own work ensuring that it is of the highest technical quality and is delivered on time
- Embody a “can do” attitude to meeting stakeholder requirements
- Communicate outputs of analysis clearly showing awareness of the wider business impact and adapting communication style and approaches to the audience
- Act as a point of contact throughout the design development and implementation lifecycle
- Graduate degree (2:1 or above) in a quantitative subject (maths, statistics, engineering) from a reputable university. Candidates with a relevant postgraduate qualification will be prioritised
- 2-5 years professional experience working in a quantitative role for a reputable institution. This experience could be either within a financial institution or a consultancy
- Practical experience in the use of relevant statistical packages and/or programming languages (e.g. SAS, R, Python, VBA & SQL)
Why Parker Fitzgerald?
We are a challenger and a disruptor to the larger and more established consultancies. To do this successfully we must demonstrate our point of difference and value proposition every day; chief among those is the quality of the people who work here.
If you are successful in securing a position with us you will be working with high calibre colleagues and leaders on varied and interesting engagements for the most prestigious financial institutions, all the time being stretched and challenged.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, alongside a quarterly bonus. Learning and development, both professional and personal, are very important to us. Our culture is vibrant, energetic and entrepreneurial with lots of social and charitable initiatives that you can get involved in.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. If you want to be part of the journey, we look forward to speaking to you.